Monday, May 25

My first super 8 camera


This picture was from my 8th birthday. Surprisingly, my grandfather bought me a super 8 camera as a gift. Even though I loved the toy truck that my mom gave me, the camera was just way beyond my imagination. How many kids at my age could have their own camera? It was amazing.

We started to go out more often and shot what ever we saw. Filming when we were fishing, walking on the train tracks and my sister climbing up and down the train, camping in the woods, and family gatherings. Everything looks better from the camera. (Of course, I was too young to worry about what I have to do after filming; my grandfather took care of it.)

I found some of the old film in his basement, and when I find a way to digitize them, I will upload them here.

This is photo was taken by my grandfather at the train track near my house, me and my younger sister always wanted to go just to see the old trains. We were always using the camera to play hide and seek. It was more fun than using our own eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment